Join us Saturday, January 26 for a FREE, day-long celebration of music, dance, crafts and food representing the various ethnic groups that call West Michigan home.
The event will begin at 9 a.m. and features a variety of organizations, performances, beer tastings and presentations. The Museum Café will feature ethnic food selections. There will be a special International Beer Tasting from 1 to 4 p.m. in the Overlook Room on the Museum’s third floor. The additional charge for the tasting is $6.00; open to those 21 and over only; tickets will be available at the door.
Participanting organizations include:
- Ancient Order of Hibernians
- Congress of North American Bosniaks
- Edelweiss Club of Grand Rapids
- Gaelic League
- Grand Rapids Public Library
- Grand Rapids Historical Society
- Grand Valley American Indian Lodge
- Harpist, Paula Sullivan
- Jim Foersh
- Latvian Association of Grand Rapids
- Multicultural Language School
- Our Lady of Lavang Parish
- Polish Heritage Society
- Swedish American Heritage Society of West Michigan
- Thrive Refugee Choir
- Western Michigan Genealogical Society
- West Michigan Fillipino-American Association
- West Michigan Jewels of Africa
- Vietnamese Folk Musicians
- Origami demo with Hito Akehi, 10 a.m. to 12 noon
- Baltijos Krantas Lithuanian School Dancers, 11 a.m.
- Jim Foersh, Appalachain Mountain Music 11:30 a.m.
- Vietnamese Folk Music, 12 noon
- Harpist, Paula Sullivan, 12:30 p.m.
- Ardan Academy of Irish Dancers, 1 p.m.
- West Michigan Jewels of Africa, 1:30 p.m.
- Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church Dance Group, 2 p.m.
- West Michigan Filipino-American Association, 2:30 p.m.
- Imani Singers - gospel, 3 p.m.
- Thrive Refugee Choir, 3:30 p.m.
- WaZoBia - interactive African drumming, 4 p.m.
Internation Beer Tasting will include beers from Greece, Poland, USA, Canada, Czech Republic, and England. Local Michigan beer will be available as well.
Sponsored by DTE Energy Foundation.
|January 26, 2013 |
|Saturday||9 a.m. to 5 p.m. |